Friday, April 4, 2008

I Did It!

What an amazing 6 months! When I look at my before and after pictures, I am both embarrassed (at my before) and pleased (with my after). Jason Minich really inspired and helped me to achieve some personal goals, lose weight and get healthy.

When I first started in Oct. 2007, the first thing I did on testing day was squats on the wall not holding any weight. I did only two sets. On the first, I did 15 reps and described it as a 6 on a difficulty scale of 10. On the second, I had to stop at 10 reps. Through Jason’s persistence and encouragement I was able to do much more weight and multiple reps as he helped build my stamina throughout the following weeks and months. I went from doing 5 pull-ups at the beginning to doing 18 during the last week of training.

In 6 months, Jason helped me lose 22 pounds and 10.5 inches. He also helped me to gain quite a bit of muscle. He shared with me that for every pound lost on the scale, I lost about 1.5 pounds of fat and gained about .5 pounds of muscle. He shared with me that even though my chest and shoulders got firmer and more cut, I still gained an inch on my chest and 3 inches on my shoulders.

Also, my skinfold pinch test results showed some exciting results. My original measurements totaled 158mm. My last measurements totaled only 95mm. That is 63mm dropped off the thickness of my subcutaneous fat – which was obviously some good news to hear for a guy trying to lose weight!

I deeply want to thank Jason and Catalyst Fitness for all that they’ve done for me; not only for helping me to lose weight and feel better about myself physically, but also for his friendship. Jason truly cares about his clients and their well-being. He cares about their families and wants all members to succeed in every area of life. He’s not in the business to just make a buck, but genuinely wants to help people make the positive change that they are seeking in their lives. He’s the real deal and I would highly recommend him to you. He is an expert on fitness, nutrition and exercise; and, he will help you to reach your goals and maximize your potential!

Tom Burch

1 comment:

Exercise Equipment said...

This is an interesting posting for me. Thanks for sharing, I like it. Fitness Machines