Wednesday, February 6, 2008

February is here... and I can't believe how far I've come!

Two days ago, Jason measured me again with the calipers and I was down several pounds from last time. I am now 15% body fat. I was 24% or so at the beginning of training.

I am very pleased with the results so far. I feel a lot better, my back no longer hurts when I sleep (due to excess weight), and I have more energy during the day. Right now I am on a new eating plan for the next month. Mondays through Wednesdays, I avoid starchy carbs. On Thursdays, I have somewhat of an overload on starchy carbs. Fridays through Sundays, I eat normal (a balance of starchy carbs, fibrous carbs and lean protein). So far, so good. Hopefully I'll be able to burn off some more fat. Jason has me doing some heavier weights, usually 4 sets with reps of 8, 6, 4 and 3. I am excited about this next stage. I looked back at this blog earlier and the pictures of when I first started compared to now. It's pretty neat seeing the difference. I can't believe I was carrying around so much extra weight. I never want to go back to that place. Thanks for reading!

Tom