Sunday, November 4, 2007

I've Been Learning... To What Extent, How I Eat Affects Me

I'm getting ready to leave for South Africa tomorrow for a 2-week mission trip. I won't have access to weights but I plan to still stay active, do some running, push-ups, sit-ups and some stretching. Hopefully my diet won't be too disrupted. Overall things have been going well. I wish my weight would go down more, but I know I am getting stronger and feel more lean than I did before. I have had some issues lately with low blood sugar at the end of some of my workouts and I'm trying to adjust my eating to help me w/the process (make sure I have a nightly meal around 9 or 10pm) and I'm also eating fruit before, during and right after my workout and that has been helping me to not "hit bottom" if you will. Last week was tough and after I drank grape juice on Wed. and an orange on Fri. I seemed to recover well. I have been eating a protein bar around 3-4pm most days to give me a supplemental meal to keep my metabolism going. It's easier than trying to make a protein shake which is impractical for me at times being on the go as a Realtor.

Tom

No comments: